Tuesday, February 24, 2009

1 John - 1st Intermission

So...yes being a hockey fan, there are times where there are going to be intermissions. After two pretty hardcore and heavy weeks of preaching in 1 John, I get to pause and take a breath about what God has been teaching me and Gateway. (The reason for the break in my preaching this week is b/c Gord Fleming, church planting director, is coming out to preach).

As I was recovering from trying to explain in less than 40 minutes
  • how God is light
  • How we could really be sinners
  • How Jesus covers sins
  • How Jesus is the only atonement for sin

I have to say, what an enjoyable exercise in realizing the depth of my need for God and extravagant his love is, in the form of Jesus!

How do you deal with accepting the love of Jesus? Is it easy to do? Are you ever brought to tears, or is your heart overwhelmed, by what God has done for you?

Thanks God for your abundant love!

No comments: