Monday, October 5, 2009

Wow, what a stretch!

I am continually amazed at the grace of God. Yesterday, sharing about the Kingdom principle of "Grace," it's so vital to see how much we need God's grace because our relationship with God is based on him. Paul really challenges our thinking in Ephesians 2:8 where he says, "For it is by grace that we have been saved, through faith..." It's not about how much we do for God but what God has first done for us.

This week, I will be involved in the many facets of being a pastor: encouraging people, praying for those who are struggling, writing a sermon, planning for a funeral service, and planning for the future ministry of Gateway. Through all of these significant aspects of ministry, I am seeing the importance of relying on God for strength. It's not about me coming up with some amazing quote or sitting with someone and sharing an inspirational thought -- it's really about knowing God has gone before me, and is willing to lead me in everything.

May your heart be open and thankful for God's grace offered to you.

No comments: