Saturday, October 24, 2009

being okay because of God

So this past week God has been teaching me a lot...and I have to admit, thankfully God teaches us in ways that are humbling (because I guess he wants us to realize he is God and not us).

As I was talking with someone this past week, and giving advice, God challenged me, "Why do you search for acceptance from others?" Not sure if you ever look around and try to fit in, but it's a common human trait to act like our friends so we will be accepted; unfortunately, God reminded me that we must accept who God has created us to be first. The first and most important one to please is not ourselves, or others, but God. Thankfully God has created us as amazing individuals, created to reflect him. Genesis (the first book in the Bible) says that we are created in God's image. That our purpose is to be image bearer's of God. We aren't supposed to be billboards for advertising, for our personal gain, for how cool we think we are, or even how stupid we can act, but we are supposed to be all about reflecting God.

So no matter who you hang out with - it's not about being accepted by them - so act silly, stupid, quiet, loud, drunk, or cool - it's about accepting yourself to be who God has called you to be.

I'm so thankful that it is freeing to follow God!

No comments: