Monday, April 27, 2009

Faith from the home crowd

Today, I was reading in our Life Journal plan (okay I'm a day late), and wow, the verse that hit me, "And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith." Matthew 13:58

Jesus comes to his hometown to show how the kingdom of God is showing up. He's about to do miracles - heal people, proclaim the good news that God has offered eternal life, and share revolutionary teaching that it's time to have an abundant life. But what did he find, people who doubted his power, and questioned his calling from God...yikes is that us?

God really challenged me, Wow - would I welcome Jesus because of my faith in him? Am I recognized by my unwavering faith in God's unbelievable power?

Let's continue to believe in God, who's able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.

No comments: