Thursday, September 4, 2008

Enjoying Creation


I thought I needed to share about our kayaking trip to the Broken Islands. Now being a

pastor (for those of you who didn't know) at Gateway Community Church - it's great to have some experiences that can be used as learning times (ie. times to really pray).

Let me explain, our trip was supposed to be pretty laid back, but it ended up being quite an adventure. On the second day of kayaking we arrived back to our camp at Hand Island, but soon after, the wind and heavy rain picked up. Now a little rain, anyone can handle, but winds over 40km/hr is a bit different - especially when our tent was leaking for some reason. After eating supper under a tarp that was flapping in the wind like a sail, it was time to hunker down in a more "protected" area. Unfortunately when you lie in a tent and trees are flinging their limbs around in gusts of winds, you really start to pray.

I have to admit I prayed quite a bit that night...and thankfully God answered my prayers and no trees fell on our tent.

Overall our trip was fun. Sure we came home a day early, but I would certainly paddle out there again. The area is spectacular. There is so much to see and I really like what God has done with the place :)

No comments: