Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the second week of the apocalypse...teaching on marriage

Well, after this past week of preaching a real passionate piece of work about husbands loving their wives -well I have heard a number of comments from guys who listened to the sermon. Here's a sampling:
- Wow, you sure nailed us!
- Now that no guys will ever show up to a Sunday service who are you going to preach to?
- I have all of those areas figured out.

I have to admit, this was a convicting sermon to preach. There are so many areas I need to elevate and be thankful for my wife. I sure have a great calling to be a leader in our home, who loves God and lives out his love that Jesus showed to the church.

This week, I follow up with addressing the wives (and the husbands, but they don't know that), about submission, headship, respect...which are all lived out, only through a relationship with God.

If you are married, discuss with your spouse, what an ideal marriage would look like...then start working towards that goal of oneness and love.

No comments: